Our Attorneys Will Fight To Protect Your Rights

Photo of attorney Dunham's sons

West Virginia Personal Injury Attorneys

Have you been injured due to the careless or negligent actions of another? You have the right to pursue compensation for your losses, including medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering.

At Bouchillon Crossan & Colburn, L.C., in Huntington, West Virginia, our experienced personal injury attorneys can provide you with educated legal advice if you or a loved one has suffered an injury. We can help ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive fair and just financial compensation for your suffering.

Our lawyers handle a broad range of personal injury and wrongful death litigation, including cases involving:

  • Car accidents: Car accidents cause a significant number of injuries and deaths in the United States every year. If you or a loved one has been involved in an auto accident, the at-fault party is responsible for compensating the victims for any damages that may have occurred. We can help you settle the case or file suit against the liable party’s insurance company to obtain the financial compensation that you are entitled to.
  • Motorcycle accidents: Motorcyclists face unique risks when they are on the road because motorcycles offer no external protection against the forces involved in a crash. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, our attorneys can help ensure you are provided with the legal resources that you need to obtain the compensation you deserve.
  • Truck accidents: Truck accidents pose a serious risk to passenger vehicle occupants as commercial trucks can cause significant damage in the event of a motor vehicle crash. The weight and size of large commercial trucks mean that occupants in standard passenger vehicles are particularly susceptible to severe injury or death in the event of an accident. If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident, we can help hold the liable parties accountable for their actions.
  • Construction accidents: If you are a construction worker who has been injured in a construction accident, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, it may also be possible to file for compensation relating to pain and suffering. A third party other than your employer might also be responsible for your accident. A personal injury attorney from our firm can review your case and help you obtain the compensation that you are entitled to.
  • Coal mining and industrial accidents: As West Virginia residents, we are aware of the risks involved with working in the mining industry. The potential dangers of working in a coal mine include mine collapses, explosions, and “black lung,” which can cause severe respiratory problems. If you are a coal miner who has been seriously injured on the job, or a loved one has been killed as a result of a coal mining and industrial accident, a personal injury attorney from Bouchillon, Crossan & Colburn can help you obtain financial compensation for lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering.
  • Catastrophic injuries: Catastrophic accidents can cause irreversible damage to the body. An individual who has experienced a serious injury to the brain or spinal cord can be permanently disabled and may require a lifetime of medical care and assistance. We are committed to helping individuals who have suffered a catastrophic, life-altering injury as a result of another party’s negligent actions. If a loved one has been left unable to care for himself or herself, we can help ensure that you obtain financial compensation suitable for a lifetime of medical care.
  • Medical malpractice: Doctors, nurses, anesthesiologists, and medical technicians all have a duty to abide by the medical standard of care. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury while receiving medical treatment, it may be possible to file a medical malpractice claim. If it can be shown that a party acted negligently by failing to perform his or her duties to an acceptable standard, and as a result caused injury to a patient, then the liable party can be held accountable. You need a lawyer to help you decide if the medical provider did breach the standard of care and to get you the money that you deserve if so.
  • Premises liability: If you or a loved one has suffered an injury on the property of another party, it may be possible to file a premises liability lawsuit. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, the property owner or operator may be liable for your injuries or those of a loved one. Property must be free of any defects or flaws that can cause injury to a person who is exercising a reasonable amount of caution while on the property. A personal injury attorney from our law firm can review your case and determine your claim eligibility.

In addition to the aforementioned claims, we also handle other personal injury and accident claims, including cases involving train accidents, pedestrian accidents and bicycle accidents.

Wrongful Death Claims

The sudden and tragic loss of a family member is always difficult to cope with. When a person has been killed due to the negligent or reckless action of another, it can be even more difficult. There isn’t a price that can be placed on the loss of your family member, however, obtaining financial compensation to take care of funeral costs and to support the surviving family members will help ease the emotional and financial burden that may be caused by the situation.

We believe that holding the at fault party accountable in a wrongful death case helps to deter future acts of negligence. Our attorneys are here to help you explore your legal options and guide you through the process of pursuing a wrongful death claim in West Virginia.

Contact An Experienced Personal Injury Attorney

At Bouchillon Crossan & Colburn, L.C., we can help protect your legal rights and see that you are justly compensated for your pain and suffering. Contact our Huntington, West Virginia, office online or call us at 304-521-4636 to speak with a personal injury attorney about your case.